Undergraduate – first stage of higher education designed for graduates of schools and colleges who want to get higher education in chosen specialty.
KAFU created Major Specific Departments, which allow for better and more focused training of specialists in different areas.
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Department of Law and International Relations
- Department of Pedagogy and Psychology
- Department of Business
The university model includes two programs: American and Kazakhstani. With the assistance of the Board of Trustees and the organization “Co-Serve International” (USA), within the framework of the American program, bachelor’s degree students are trained in the following educational programs:
- 6В01703 “Foreign language: two foreign languages (English)”
- 6В02301 “Translation Studies”
- 6B03101 “International Relations”
- 6В04102 “Management”
- 6В06101 “Information systems”
- 6В11101 “Tourism”
The American Program implies:
- studying disciplines in English with foreign and Kazakhstani teachers;
- additional specialization (minor);
- access to KAFU international programs (internship in the USA; International Leadership);
Alumni of the American Program:
- are fluent in English;
- gain significant experience in intercultural communication;
- possess a global vision;
- receive a diploma of completion of the American program.
Training takes place in one of 3 languages:
Kazakh, Russian or English.
Form of study:
- full-time, full-time accelerated (after high school and college);
- full-time accelerated with the use of distance learning technologies (after college, while applying for a related specialty, after university to receive a second higher education).
Upon completion of training, a bachelor’s degree is issued with the assignment of “Bachelor” academic degree.
The condition for admission to a bachelor’s degree:
Acceptance of documents for undergraduate programs is carried out on the basis of the applications on a competitive basis in accordance with the rules for admission:
- For school graduates, graduates of previous years – according to the results of the Unified National Testing (UNT);
- For college graduates – according to the results of the UNT, if they want to study on a GRANT or according to the results of an interview for a fee-paying program.
- For university graduates – according to the results of the interview for a fee-paying program.
The UNT admission score for school graduates is:
- in the field of “Pedagogical Sciences” – at least 75 points;
- in the field of “Law” – at least 75 points;
- for other educational programs – at least 50 points.
The UNT admission score for college graduates is:
- – in the field of “Pedagogical Sciences” – at least 35 points;
- – for other educational programs – at least 25 points.
At the same time, for each subject of the UNT and (or) a creative exam, you must score at least 5 points.
Applicants for the American program are required to pass an English language test and an interview. Applicants with international certificates of foreign language proficiency are exempted from testing and interviews.
List of required documents for enrollment
List of required documents for participation in the competition for a state educational grant and for a fee-paying program:
- document on general secondary, technical and vocational, post-secondary or higher education (original);
- an identification document, or an electronic document from a digital document service (required for personal identification, original and copy );
- 4 3 x 4 cm photographs;
- medical certificate in 075 / u form;
- passport (or 063 vaccination card form);
- certificate of the Unified National Testing – UNT;
- a document confirming the priority right to receive a state educational grant (if any);
- written certificate or military ID (for young men, copy);
For international students
Admission of foreign citizens for training on a fee-pauing basis is carried out according to the results of an interview conducted by the admission committee during the calendar year. Enrollment of foreign citizens is carried out in accordance with the academic calendar 5 (five) days before the start of the next academic period.
International students additionally provide the following documents:
- Medical certificate confirming the absence of diseases that prevent the passage of training;
- Medical insurance;
- Certificate confirming the presence or absence of a criminal record.
Documents submitted in a foreign language must have a notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian. Documents on education issued by foreign educational organizations run a nostrification procedure in the manner prescribed by law after the enrollment of applicants, during the first semester of study.