The Academic Council of the University is the highest collegial governing body of the University.
In its activities, the Academic Council is guided by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Regulations on the Academic Council, as well as the Charter of the University. The activities of the Academic Council are based on the principles of publicity, transparency, collegiality.
The Academic Council organizes its work on the basis of an approved plan developed for the corresponding academic year.
The composition of the Academic Council is elected for a period of 3 years and consists of an odd number of members. As necessary, its composition may be amended. Meetings of the Academic Council are held at least once a month.
The head of the Academic Council is the President of KAFU, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan Mambetkaziyev Ye. A.
Competence of the Academic Council
The competence of the Academic Council includes:
- Determining the development strategy of the university
- Approving the structure of the university
- Creating and reorganizing structural divisions
- Listening to the annual reports of the President
- Vice-rectors, heads of structural divisions on the forms and methods of conducting activities
- Recommendations for the publication of monographs
- Textbooks and teaching aids
- Approval of topics and scientific supervisors-consultants of undergraduates and doctoral students on dissertation research
- Approval, and awarding of scientists and honorary titles
- Scholarships and prizes
- Consideration of other issues of the current activities of the university that require a collegial decision.
You can find more details in these documents: