For international students
Admission of foreign citizens for training on a fee-paying basis is carried out according to the results of an interview conducted by the admission committee during the calendar year. Enrollment of foreign citizens is carried out in accordance with the academic calendar 5 (five) days before the start of the next academic period.
Enrollment of foreign citizens for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs is carried out twice a year:
for 1st semester of the academic year :
- from June 1 to August 10 of the calendar year
- of the calendar year
for 2nd semester of the academic year :
- from November 1 to January 5 of the calendar year
- of the calendar year
List of required documents for enrollment:
- document on general secondary, technical and vocational, post-secondary or higher education (original);
- transcript / appendix to the document on general secondary, technical and vocational, post-secondary or higher education (original);
- , original and copy);
- 4 photographs (size 3 x 4 cm);
- medical certificate (form 075/u);
Documents on education submitted in a foreign language must be legalized or certified by the authorized bodies of the country issuing the document.
Legalized or apostilled education documents must be translated into Kazakh or Russian and notarized.
Documents on education issued by foreign educational organizations run a nostrification procedure in the manner prescribed by law after the enrollment of applicants, during the semester of study.
Visa and registration of international students
To enter the Republic of Kazakhstan, an applicant for study must apply for a student visa at a foreign representative office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
To apply for a student visa to the Republic of Kazakhstan, the applicant submits a package of documents to the foreign representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, consisting of:
– a valid foreign passport (valid for at least 6 months before the end of the period of stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan);
– personally completed and signed application form;
– 2 photographs (taken not earlier than 30 days before the date of submission);
– letter of invitation from a higher educational institution (provided by the KAFU International Department after consideration of enrollment documents);
– visa support issued by the local body of the migration police of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs of the East Kazakhstan Region at the request of KAFU).
1. A foreign citizen can enter Kazakhstan and study at KAFU only with a student visa.
Letters of invitation for study and visa support for a student visa are issued by the International department of the university.
2. The local department of the migration police must be notified within 3 working days after the foreign student crosses the state border.
The international department of the university can notify the Immigration Police Department of Ust-Kamenogorsk city online at the request of a foreign student. For notification, the student is obliged to provide the international department with the passport number, student visa number, date of border crossing, place of residence in Ust-Kamenogorsk.
For visa issues, notifications, international students can contact the Department of International Cooperation of KAFU by phone:
Work phone numder – 007/7232/505013
Cell phone – 007 777 980 18 65, 007 777 853 06 78, 007 777 265 77 39