All scientific research carried out by the Kazakh-American Free University is focused primarily on improving the social status of the Kazakh-American Free University, updating the content and structure of scientific and scientific-industrial research based on national traditions and modern experience, ensuring multidimensionality and integration of research and scientific-production processes.
Research work at the Kazakh-American Free University is implemented through research projects, scientific conferences, seminars, etc.
The main objectives of planning research work at KAFU
Development of innovative activity, concentration of efforts of scientists, material and financial resources on solving scientific and industrial problems, problems of developing priority directions of fundamental and applied research in the region and the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Attracting investments to the organization and development of scientific research in the area of the introduction of resource-saving and environmentally friendly technologies, protection of a healthy lifestyle, problems of education, demography, language contacts.
Formation and improvement of elements of the market research infrastructure in the departments and research laboratories.
Education and training highly qualified personnel at the regional and republic scales.
Integration of scientific teams of the university with the production, education system, institutions of science for the preservation and growth of the intellectual potential of the region and the republic.
Increasing the efficiency of scientific research by accelerating the implementation of the results of completed scientific works, increasing the number of patents, copyright certificates and the sale of licenses for inventions.
Organization and holding of scientific events in the university
The main purpose of scientific events is to create conditions for the establishment and development of effective scientific cooperation and long-term partnerships between research teams of universities, among scientists from different countries. This task is achieved through the organization of special events in the form of conferences, seminars, round tables, master classes on economics, management, law, history, international relations, philology, psychology, pedagogy, ecology, mathematics, computer technology, and linguistics.
The following scientific events are traditionally held at the university:
International Forum of Young Scientists on «Modern scientific areas: from applied research to innovation» is held annually in spring.
The work of the Forum is held in the following areas: Modern aspects of economic development of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Language issues and general problems of education.
- Questions of pedagogy and psychology.
- Questions philology and methods of studying language disciplines.
- Questions of pedagogy and teaching methods.
- Current issues of ecology, mathematics and computer science.
- Mathematics and computer technology.
- Questions of economics and management, includes a subsection of postgraduate education.
- Questions of foreign philology, includes a subsection of postgraduate education.
- Questions of jurisprudence, includes a subsection of postgraduate education.
The work of the Forum is held in Russian, English, and Kazakh languages. The total number of participants in the international forum of young scientists exceeds 700 speakers and has a strong tendency to increase. Within the framework of the Forum, there are other scientific events aimed at developing the skills of research work among students.
International Scientific Congress for scientists is held annually in the fall. The work of the Congress is held in the following areas:
- Issues of economics and management.
- Current issues of law and history.
- Current issues of ecology, mathematics and computer technologies.
- Pedagogy and psychology: problems and development prospects.
- Development issues of modern languages and teaching methods.
On an ongoing basis, within the framework of this event, master classes of domestic and foreign specialists, round tables on the problems of science and education, and open guest lectures of foreign specialists are held.
The total number of speakers is on average 300 people and has a strong tendency to increase.
Regional Round Table on the problems of the integrated educational space “School-College-University”. The round table is held in the format of panel sessions, where issues, related to current issues of education in the region, are discussing. The round table is held in conjunction with the National Center for Advanced Training of Teachers in the East Kazakhstan Region “Orleu”. The work of the round table is held in the following areas:
- Problems of pre-university training: ways of solving.
- Psychological and pedagogical aspects of interaction of educational systems.
- Language training of specialists.
- Technological support of the educational process in educational institutions.
- Additional education as a tool of child development.
- Problems of continuity of education levels.
The total number of participants on average is 70 people and has a strong tendency to increase.