Students Research – SR
Scientific research aimed at developing the scientific potential of Kazakh-American Free University students, which is the most important component of the educational and educational processes, takes into account the realities of the current moment:
- insufficient level of material-technical and educational-methodical equipment of the research process;
- changing the role of education in general, as the most important socio-pedagogical institute of education and the scientific and industrial base as a whole.
This implies the need for purposeful preparatory work aimed at the formation of a multicultural, multi-lingual personality. Knowledge of the native and state languages, the study of foreign languages, knowledge of the state history and the peoples inhabiting it, is laid down in the curricula of specialties of higher professional education, scientific research, extracurricular work.
The main goal of R&D is to provide the management of the university and teaching staff with optimal scientific and methodological, organizational, personnel, information and other conditions for the development of an effective integrated education system at the university. This contributes to the formation of the student’s personality, the development of professional and social adaptation of the future specialist, distinguished by multicultural, humane and moral, highly intellectual orientation, competitiveness. A creatively developed target personality, in turn, should be able to independently formulate and practically solve the most difficult tasks from high civic positions based on the use of national traditions and the latest achievements of world experience in the field of education.
- Raising the social status of education through scientific research.
- Development and strengthening of the university educational functions.
- The development of a democratic style of leadership of the educational process with an emphasis on teaching self-government to students, the development of leadership qualities of young people.
- Improving the culture of interethnic and ethnic relations in the student youth environment.
- Formation of a value attitude to the surrounding reality (language, culture, history, customs, traditions, religion, etc.).
- Development of humanistic principles, content and mechanisms of moral and civic education.
- Formation of a respectful attitude to the rights of children and youth, in accordance with the Declaration of Human Rights.
- Creation of a psychological system, pedagogical, medical and social assistance to students.
- Improving the professional level of education management in the holistic pedagogical process and ensuring the system of the university interaction with other social institutions.
- Expansion and deepening of the theoretical knowledge of management and teaching staff about the essence of research and development in modern conditions, its goals, objectives, content, forms, methods and means.
- The leadership and teaching staff improvement of the ethno-pedagogical outlook, the destruction of indirect ideas about the meaning of the state language, the essence of art, culture, traditions and customs of the Kazakh people.
- Training and retraining of specialists in ethno-pedagogical education.
Within the framework of the above-mentioned goals and objectives of the Research Institute, the university holds Science and Creativity Weeks every year in all areas of training. The best student papers are published in the Republican scientific journal “Bulletin of the Kazakh-American Free University”.
The bases of students’ production practices in Kazakhstan are large enterprises of the region, mainly with foreign participation: JSC “Kazzinc”, JSC “UMZ”, JSC “TMK”, the company “AES”, etc. Some graduation works performed on special orders from enterprises are scientific and production projects implemented in practice.
The best theses and graduation papers represent serious scientific research, and collections of abstracts of the best works are published on the initiative of the departments. This is not only one of the forms of SR, it is the professionalism of scientific supervisors who have raised students’ scientific research to a high level of applied and fundamental importance.