The field of information and communication sciences trains specialists in the development and management of software products and applications, information system design and models.
Academic Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Information and Communication Technology
Code and name of the educational program: 6B06101 “Information Systems”
After school: Computer Science, Mathematics
After college: Mathematics, Fundamentals of Algorithmization and Programming
Form and duration of studying:
Full-time (after school) – 4 years
On the basis of TPE (after college) full-time, shortened – 3 years
On the basis of HE (after university) full-time, shortened – 2 years
Description of the educational program:
The Information Systems major is concerned with the development and management of information technology that is used in business and other areas of activity. This specialty combines knowledge from computer science, information technology, and business management.
Students majoring in Information Systems study various aspects of information system development and management. In particular, they study the following topics:
- Programming: students learn programming languages and technologies used to create software for information systems.
- Databases: students study the design, creation, and management of databases, which are used to store and organize information.
- Data Management Systems: students study systems that are used to manage data in information systems, including content management systems, project management systems, and others.
- Information systems analysis and design: students learn the methods and techniques that are used to analyze and design information systems.
- Project Management: students learn the methods and techniques that are used to manage information technology projects.
- Information security: students study the methods and technologies that are used to protect information from unauthorized access and other threats.
Information Systems graduates can work in a variety of information technology-related fields: in companies that develop software for various fields such as finance, health care, education, etc.; in companies that manage information systems, including planning, development, implementation, maintenance and support; in companies that protect information, including the development and implementation of measures to protect against cyber attacks and other
6B06101 Information Systems