Double Degree Program Presentation
A unique training program for managers in the field of IT is being launched by the West-Saxon University of Applied Sciences (Germany) together with the universities of Central Asia and the Caucasus in the city of Ust-Kamenogorsk
On April 20, 2023, an information session on double-degree education “Double-Degree Program Presentation” was held at the Kazakh-American Free University.
In the 2023-2024 academic year, the West Saxon University of Applied Sciences (Germany) together with the Kazakh-American Free University and higher educational institutions of Armenia (Armenian State University of Economics), Kyrgyzstan (Kyrgyz-German Institute of Applied Informatics), Georgia (International Black Sea University) launches a unique international educational program “Management with Computer Science” at the master’s level.
The program aims to give students the opportunity to connect their professional competencies with knowledge in the field of computer science, business information systems, management and business administration. In addition, the program will enable students to develop intercultural skills.
The program was initially accredited by the Agency for Accreditation of Educational Programs in Engineering, Informatics, Natural Sciences and Mathematics (ASIIN, Germany).
The program has a common curriculum. All universities participating in this agreement will recognize all ECTS credits received under this study program.
At the end of the program, graduates will receive two diplomas: from the Kazakh-American Free University and the West-Saxon University of Applied Sciences (Germany).
The educational process will be held in English – disciplines, exams, defense of a master’s thesis. Writing a master’s thesis will be carried out under the guidance of two supervisors from Kazakhstan and Germany.
Required conditions for admission:
- Bachelor’s degree in EP “Management”, “Information systems”.
- Knowledge of English at level B2, confirmed by Cambridge Certificate, GMAT, IELTS, LCCI-Test, TELC, TOEFL, TOEIC-test.
The procedure for studying at partner universities:
1st semester – at the West Saxon University of Applied Sciences (Germany).
2nd semester – at the West-Saxon University of Applied Sciences or at any of the partner universities.
3rd semester – at the Kazakh-American Free University.
4th semester – at the Kazakh-American Free University.
Conditions of education:
- Partner Universities bear the corresponding costs for the preparation and implementation of the curriculum, enrollment and implementation of the program in accordance with the requirements of the law.
- Personal expenses of students related to travel and stay abroad (expenses for a passport and visa, international transport, medical insurance, accommodation) are not borne by any of the partner universities.
- Partner universities, with the exception of the West Saxon University of Applied Sciences, may charge tuition fees in accordance with their admission rules. For students from the West Saxon University of Applied Sciences, these fees will not exceed 500 euros per semester. However, while studying abroad, the sending university suspends its tuition fee while the receiving university collects the tuition fees.
- Education at the West Saxon University of Applied Sciences is free. For time spent in Zwickau, only an administration fee is charged, which may vary from semester to semester. In addition, during their stay in Germany, foreign students must have a minimum amount of money for accommodation, which they must confirm when obtaining a national visa to study in Germany.