About the dean
Name: Galina A. Menzyuk – Candidate of Law, Associated Professor,
Dean of the School of Business, Law and Education.
Address: M.Gorkiy. 76, office 219
Phone: 8 (7232) 50-50-14
Galina Menzyuk is Russian, has higher education, PhD in Jurisprudence, associate professor. Work experience is 27 years, including 21 years in university.
- 1984-1989 – East Kazakhstan Pedagogical Institute, major “History” with additional major “Pedagogy”, qualification “Teacher of history and social science, methodologist of educational work.”
- 1993-1997 – EKSU, Law Department, major “Jurisprudence”, qualification “Lawyer”.
- 1998 – 2002 – application for degree in Constitutional Law; Municipal Law; Administrative Law; Financial Law.
Academic degree: candidate of Legal Sciences (2002), thesis for degree of candidate of Legal Sciences majoring in Constitutional Law; Municipal Law; Administrative Law; Financial Law on “Organizational and Legal Matters of Management of Customs Affairs in the Republic of Kazakhstan”, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty.
Academic title: Associate Professor (2011), major “Jurisprudence”.
- 1989-1997 – secondary school No. 26, Ust-Kamenogorsk, History teacher, Deputy Director for educational work;
- 1997-2001 – EKSU, Law Department, teacher of Constitutional Law, Deputy Dean of Law Department;
- 2001 – 2002 – EKSU, Deputy Director of Institute of Economics and Law for Academic Affairs;
- 2002 – present – Dean of School of Business, Law And Education of Kazakh American Free University.
Main areas of research: about 80 scientific works, including textbooks on “Customs Law” (2008), “Law EEU” (2016). Scientific articles published in legal journals of Almaty, Astana, Portland (USA): “On Legal Status of Customs Authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan “( KNU Reporter, law series, №1 (22), 2002), “Benefits in the Field of Customs: Comparative Analysis of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation “(Femida No. 11. 2005),” Theoretical and Legal Analysis of Institute of Customs Regime “(Femida №12.2006.), “Procedural and Legal Aspects of Declaring: Comparative Analysis “(Femida №3 2009),” Free Custom Zone Stock in Administrative and Legal Regimes “(Fair Trial, №1, 2010),” Model of Legal Support of Interstate Customs Integration of Eurasian Economic Community” (Portland, Oregon, USA, October 26-27, 2012), “Legal Nature of Eurasian Economic Union” (Science and Life of Kazakhstan, Astana, №1,2016), “Problems of Implementation of Constitutional Provisions Aimed at Ensuring and Protecting Human Rights and Civil Courts” (KAFU Reporter: Political and Legal Problems of Education and Society, №4, Ust-Kamenogorsk, 2015)
Participation in international conferences and projects.
- International conference “10 Years of Independence of Kazakhstan: Results and Prospects” (Almaty 2001), “Problems of Socio-Economic and Political-Legal Modernization of Transit Society: Materials of Republican Scientific Practical Conference of Turan University” (Astana, 2004).
- Participation in the UNDP project “Wider Europe: Trade Facilitation in Central Asia, South Caucasus and Western CIS” (Georgia, Tbilisi, 2011).
- Participation in jurists’ community of Christian Albrecht University (Kiel) and carrying out joint research work with scientists from Institute of East European Law (invitation of Institute of East European Law, 2011.).
- In February-March 2015, in the frame of international cooperation program between KAFU and Co-Serve International Fund (USA) participated in professional development program «Visiting International Professor» at Warner Pacific University (Portland, Oregon, United States). Certificate for completing with excellence the 2015 Servant Leadership Academy for Visiting International Educators.
- Letter of gratitude from Akim of the city “For significant contribution to organization and formation of KAFU” (2004);
- Diploma of Akim of East Kazakhstan region “For years-long faultless work in higher education and training of highly qualified specialists” (2014);
- Honorary diploma of Minister of Education and Science of RK “For contribution to educational field and achievements on the path of spiritual and social development of independent Kazakhstan” (2014).
G.A. Menzyuk has excellent organizational skills, successfully organizes and supervises educational process, is actively involved in preparation of activities on school and university level. High theoretical level of her classes using research results, new approaches in training, full methodological support of the educational process have been repeatedly noted at department meetings, when conducting students’ opinion polls. She supervises research work of students, postgraduates which is carried out in forms of Bachelor and Master theses. Results of students and postgraduates research are presented at international republican scientific-practical conferences. Successful administrative and teaching work goes with serious attitude to scientific research. With good teaching skills, talented organizator skills, being tactful and sociable person, G.A. Menzyuk deserved respect among teachers and students.