Round Table on the Topic: “Kazakhstan Model of Demographic Transition: Influence and Challenges”
October 10, 2023 Head of the Department of Business Bordianu I.V. took part in the round table on the topic: “Kazakhstan Model of Demographic Transition: Influence and Challenges”, conducted within the framework of a project funded by the Science Committee of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan (IRN grant AP19679152 “Kazakhstan Model of Demographic Transition and Opportunities for Sustainable Socio-Economic Development of the Country”), held at Narxoz University.
The round table brought together experts in the field of demography, economics, sociology and public administration to discuss the specifics of the demographic transition in Kazakhstan. The uniqueness of the Kazakhstan model, its main stages, challenges and prospects were the key issues of this event.
The participants of the event were:
– Uzan M. Iskakov – Honored Worker of Kazakhstan. A well-known scientist, one of the main developers of the country’s population census methodology and reform of the higher education system.
– Oksana V. Kuchmaeva – Doctor of Economics, Professor of Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia.
– Gali Dinmuhammed Azimbayuly – Director of the Center for the Study of Xenophobia Problems of the Institute of Applied Ethnopolitical Research, Ph.D.
– Shaharbanu Sh. Zhakupova – Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor, Chief Researcher of JSC «Institute of Economic Research».
– Yuri K. Shokamanov – Professor of the Department of Accounting, Audit and Statistics of the Almaty Humanitarian and Economic University, Doctor of Economics, Professor.
– Gulnara B. Sabirova – head of the department of social and demographic statistics of the Department of
Bureau of National Statistics of Strategic Planning and Reform Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the city of Almaty
– Baglan A. Kargulov – head of the Department of Bureau of National Statistics of Strategic Planning and Reform Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Almary region.
Department of Business