The electronic catalog of the University, the movement for the accounting of literature and resources, the acquisition and organization of the book fund; reader service and other information and analytical functions are based on the KABIS program.
The KASU resource centers use the KABIS library automation system program. This program is a typical integrated solution for the automation of library technologies and is intended for use in libraries of any type and profile. The system allows you to create and maintain any number of databases that make up an Electronic Catalog (EC) or represent problem-oriented bibliographic databases (DB). The system represents the technology of automatic formation of dictionaries, on the basis of which a quick search is implemented for any description elements and their combinations.
Cataloging tools allow you to process and describe any types of publications, including non-traditional ones, such as audio and video materials, computer files and programs, cartographic materials, sheet music, etc.
The system implements all standard library technologies, including technologies of acquisition, systematization, cataloging, reader search, book distribution and administration, based on the interrelated functioning of six types of automated workstations (APMs): “Picker”, “Cataloger”, “Reader”, “Book distribution”, “Administrator”, “Bar coding”.
ARM “ASSEMBLER” is a workplace of a librarian who performs the functions of acquisition and accounting of library funds on the basis of maintaining a special database. The system ensures the functioning of an arbitrary number of ARM “AGGREGATOR” with the possibility of simultaneous replenishment (correction) of one database;
- ARM “CATALOGER” is a workplace of a librarian who performs all functions for the formation (replenishment and correction) of Electronic catalog databases. In LAN conditions, the system ensures the functioning of an arbitrary number of “CATALOGER” arms with the possibility of simultaneous replenishment (correction) of one database;
- ARM “READER” is a workplace of the end user of the Electronic catalog and is designed for a comprehensive search in the Electronic catalog, viewing / printing the found information and forming an order for the issuance of the found literature. Under LAN conditions, the system provides the possibility of simultaneous search in the same databases of the Electronic Catalog of an arbitrary number of users;
- ARM “KNIGOVYDACHA” is a workplace of a librarian who performs the functions of issuing literature in accordance with the orders being formed and its age.
- ARM “ADMINISTRATOR” is a workplace of a specialist who performs system operations on databases in general, aimed at keeping them up to date
- APM “BARCODE CODING” inclu
The electronic catalog of the university is presented in the reading room at the address ave. Independence, 86, 3rd floor, access is via LAN. The Library and Information Center of KAFU has the following full-text databases: “Bulletin of KAFU” (http://www.vestnik-kafu.info /), “KAFU Academic Journal” (http://www.kafu-academic-journal.info /), links to which are provided on the official website of the university.
Currently, users have access to domestic full-text library electronic resources: “National Academic Library of the Republic of Kazakhstan (nabrk.kz); Republican Interuniversity Electronic Library (www.rmeb.kz).
In order to expand information resources, the Library and Information Center monthly exposes its own scientific and educational resources in the database of the Republican Interuniversity Electronic Library www.rmeb.kz . To date, 2613 bibliographic records have been transmitted with a link to the full text.
The University library has access to international full-text resources of Thomson Reuters “Webof Knowledge” (http://wokinfo.com ), Springerlink (http://link.springer.com ), Sci Verse Science Direct by Elsevier (http://www.elsevier.com ), Scopus (http://www.scopus.com )
Access to all databases is possible in the electronic reading rooms of the library and in the computer classes of the university. High-quality selection of electronic information and educational resources allows teaching staff, students and staff to have access to the latest research materials, receive authoritative and peer-reviewed content, identify the most cited publications in specialized fields of knowledge.
The electronic library of the University provides its users with a formed database of intra-university publications, full-text analogues of educational and scientific literature, educational and methodological complexes of disciplines on educational programs and other types and types of electronic resources.
The library has 10 user workstations connected to the Internet. The library is constantly working to increase the book collection, both in paper copies and on electronic media.